Thank you for your interest in employment with Marietta City Schools. To view our job postings, please scroll down. If the position you are seeking isn't currently available, we encourage you to sign up for weekly job alert emails.
2017 Recruitment Events:
- February 15 - AUC Future Educators' Career Fair at Spelman College
- March 4 - Georgia Spring Teacher Job Fair at Georgia International Convention Center
- March 11 - Invitation-Only Teach Marietta Job Fair
Marietta City Schools is a Charter System that serves 8,800 students at eight elementary choice schools, one of which is a Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Magnet school; one sixth-grade school, one middle school (7/8), and one high school. MCS is the first International Baccalaureate (IB) World School District in Georgia.
As an IB World School District, MCS offers the optional IB Primary Years Program for grades K-5, IB Middle Years Program for all students in grades 6-10, and the IB Diploma Program and Career-Related Program as an option for high school students in grades 11-12. It is one of only a few school systems nationwide able to provide the full IB (K-12) continuum.
MCS is also home to one National Blue Ribbon School: Marietta Center for Advanced Academics; one National School of Excellence: A.L. Burruss Elementary; and five Georgia Schools of Excellence: A.L. Burruss Elementary, Marietta Center for Advanced Academics, West Side Elementary, Marietta Middle School, and Marietta High School. MCS has consistently ranked among the top 15 percent of public school systems nationally for the past several years and has earned numerous recognitions.
- MCS is ranked nationally as among the Top Ten U.S. School Districts in Digital Technology and was selected as the Georgia Charter System Foundation’s 2016 Charter System Innovator of the Year.
The school district has approximately 1,200 employees who are regularly recognized among the best in the state and nation. 75% of MCS certified staff have a Masters Degree or higher.
- The schools enjoy low pupil-teacher ratios (20:1), high per pupil expenditures ($10,542- FY17 Budgeted), and excellent support-staff provisions.
2017 Employee Benefits Summary
Employee Benefits Website
Teacher Certification through Georgia Professional Standards Commission
Our Schools and Administrators
2017-2018 Academic Calendar
Do you have questions?
2017-2018 Salary Schedules
Contact Marietta City Schools Human Resources Office